Welcome to my blog and a more personal, behind the scenes look at my own writing journey and how I can help you with your writing, your dreams and your roar.
Who knows exactly where this blog will take me as that is the alchemy of writing but I anticipate featuring the following:
- Nuts ‘n’ bolts writing advice applicable for any genre
- Writing tips for the first draft
- How to keep going in the face of self-doubt
- Details of how I found my agent
- Landing a top publisher and what that feels like
- Dealing with rejection
- What it’s like to have an auction over your book!
- A behind the scenes peek at working with an editor
Who knows exactly where this blog will take me as All of which is suitable for any genre, although because I write for children all my posts are skewed in that direction. And because this isn’t just a website about writing, I’ll also ramble on about the following too:
- Inspiration, magic, alchemy and courage
- Staying connected to your creative self
- Living your best life
- Overcoming obstacles
- No limits!
- Finding your voice
- Learning how to ROAR
Some posts will be very short, others will be longer, some will be pre-recorded videos I shot whilst writing THE LAST BEAR, some will replays taken from my Facebook Author page where I do fortnightly Teatime With Bear lives and maybe some will just be a cuddly picture of a polar bear when all you’re in need of is a hug.
I can’t promise regularity but I do invite you to leave comments and share my posts if they have mean something to you.
And finally, if you haven’t already done so – please do sign up to receive my newsletter and get my free guide to DISCOVERING YOUR ROAR when you join.